Friday, August 31, 2012

FMF: Change

Five Minute Friday and the word is: CHANGE

GO

Such a fitting word for this girl! It seems the more I want things to stay the same, the more they change.

Homes: 12 different houses in 20 years of marriage.

The cowboy's career: because he is so curious and ambitious, (and because there's no money in just being a cowboy).

Children growing up too fast: this week my oldest started college and my youngest high school.  The empty nest looms large....

My body: What can I say? I'm 48. THE Change is beginning to rear its ugly head.

Every new change vividly reveals that I am in a losing battle for sameness, for constancy.  It's a battle that can't be won, because I am not the One in control.

And He never promises things will stay the same--only that He is working through all of the changes.

 What if....I just quit fighting?

What if, instead of looking at the dizzying change around me, I fixed my eyes on the God who is the SAME yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Rather than grasping at people and situations and trying to take control so I can feel secure, what if I simply let go and trusted the One who IS in control over all?

What if I found my security in my unchanging God, rather than my ever changing circumstances?

How beautiful could that be?

So my life is a rollercoaster...

Maybe I need to just throw my hands up and enjoy the ride!

STOP

2 comments:

  1. Yes enjoy the ride! The letting go can't be as hard as they say it is.. although I'm still figuring it out. If you get it figured out first please let me know how!

    Marissa
    http://forfunreadinglist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Translate